KnowThis: Marketing Basics, 2nd Edition offers detailed coverage of essential marketing concepts and is produced as a direct response to many inquires from visitors to the website KnowThis.com. This book is written by a marketing professor and covers much of the same ground as found in much more expensive books. But it also provides insight not found in other publications and thus holds its own as a unique offering and not simply a remaking of other books.
With a retail price of only $30 for our paperback version, KnowThis: Marketing Basics, 2nd Edition is an exceptional value! (For a limited time save 20% off the list price when ordered through our online store. Click for details.)
We are able to maintain affordable pricing by using printing strategies and methods that reduce overall printing costs and inventory carrying costs. But be assured this book does not sacrifice quality.
Whether this book is used in the classroom to help students learn basic concepts or used outside the classroom to assist in professional marketing activities, readers will find the material to be comprehensive, relevant, and written in a way that is intended to bridge the gap that often exists between business practice and academic textbooks.
Title: KnowThis: Marketing Basics
Formats: Paperback - 6.69" x 9.61"; Digital eBook format
Publisher: KnowThis Media
Print Page Length: 420
Price: $30 for paperback, $9.99 for ebook
KnowThis: Marketing Basics, 2nd Edition (ISBN: 978-0982072219) is priced at (US) $30.00 for paperback and $9.99 for eBook. The book is available through many retailers including:
- KnowThis Media Online Store - The print format is available directly from our publishing division's online store hosted by our printing partner CreateSpace (paperback only).
FOR A LIMITED TIME SAVE 20% OFF THE LIST PRICE WHEN YOU BUY THROUGH OUR ONLINE STORE. WHEN PURCHASING ENTER DISCOUNT CODE: H4HE2BE8
- Amazon.com - The print and digital eBook formats are available through the world's leading online book retailer.
KnowThis: Marketing Basics, 2nd Edition is ideal as a textbook for an entry-level marketing course or as a supplemental reference for a more advanced class. This book covers the same ground as far more expensive textbooks while also offering new information not covered in other books. Additionally:
- This book takes a contemporary view of marketing including covering numerous new developments and how these affect marketing. For instance, coverage includes such topics as social networks, mobile device applications (“apps”), neuro-research, group couponing, smartphone payments, quick response codes, and much, much more.
- The new edition offers over 150 real-world examples drawn from stories in major business publications. Many of these stories are still directly accessible via links on the book's support website.
- The 2nd Edition offers a new Marketing Story feature that takes an in-depth look at over 40 selected marketing stories found in major media publications. Each story includes a question that is useful for class discussion or as a topic for student assignments.
- With KnowThis.com as the book's support website educators are directing their students to a high-quality resource that has served the marketing community since 1998.
For instructors who have adopted the book additional support materials are available. These include:
- Instructional Materials - Support materials include PowerPoint slides, Test Bank (Multiple Choice, True/False and Essay questions) and End-of-Chapter Discussion Questions and Activities.
- Current Marketing Stories - While the book contains over 40 in-depth stories with the Marketing Story feature, educators will find that KnowThis.com offers information and links to current Marketing Stories updated several times a week. These stories are available at NO COST to you or your students and each story is tagged by topic area.
- Marketing Stories Database - In addition to Current Marketing Stories, KnowThis.com has a database of thousands more stories dating back to 2004. While we cannot guarantee that all are accessible, many in fact can be located with a simple click. This database could prove quite valuable as a research resource for students and instructors.
For information on obtaining an examination copy please contact us..
Paul Christ (pronounced with soft "i") holds a Ph.D. (marketing concentration) from Drexel University. He is a Professor of Marketing and MBA Program Director (AACSB accredited) at West Chester University, the largest university in the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education and one of the largest universities in the Philadelphia region In addition to his administrative duties, Paul also teaches MBA-level courses titled Marketing Management and Business Research and Data Analysis.
Paul is the author of the book KnowThis: Marketing Basics, 2nd Edition and has written and presented on marketing and technology topics in numerous academic publications, conferences and other public forums and has spoken throughout the world on the topic of marketing and Internet business. Paul is editor of KnowThis.com, one of the Internet's leading marketing references sites. In addition to academic experience, Paul has extensive experience in various marketing and sales positions with Fortune 500 companies and also served in a management position for a successful startup in the consumer electronics industry. Additionally, he has been a consultant to many marketing and technology companies, including startup Internet-based firms.
KnowThis: Marketing Basics, 2nd edition was written with several audiences in mind including:
- The Marketing Novice – This book is ideal for anyone who is new to marketing, as it covers all essential marketing areas. By spending time with this book, the Marketing Novice will quickly gain the foundation needed to appreciate what marketers do and understand the full scope of marketing decision making. For some, reading this book may also offer insight into career options in the marketing field.
- The Marketing Professional - Experienced marketers will also find this book useful. Often, seasoned marketers tend to focus on just a few areas of marketing as part of their day-to-day activities. This book may serve as a good refresher for areas of marketing for which they have not recently spent much time.
- The Marketing Educator – Teachers of marketing now have an alternative to high-priced marketing textbooks. This book offers nearly all of the same coverage found in expensive textbooks at a fraction of the price (educators see more information here).
Additionally, most of what is covered applies to all types of businesses including those whose objective is to make money (i.e., for-profit businesses) as well as those not driven by a profit-making motive (i.e., not-for-profit organizations).