Announcing an Extension of Our Marketing Stories
One of the longest running features offered on KnowThis.com is our Latest Marketing Stories. This feature, which provides information and links to marketing stories found on newspaper, magazine and other media websites, was first introduced in 2004 and today we have cataloged nearly 5,000 stories.
Our intention all along with Marketing Stories is to highlight a wide-range of interesting and relevant information. We are not looking to add all possible marketing stories that we come across, only those that we feel visitors to our site will find useful.
Today we are pleased to announce an expansion of our Marketing Stories. A new Stories For This Tutorial features will display stories associated with each of our Marketing Tutorials. The stories are pulled from the Latest Marketing Stories and are presented in date order with the most recent postings presented first.
We believe this feature will enhance the Marketing Tutorials by providing readers with a quick link to real-world examples for a particular marketing topic.
Major Site Update for KnowThis.com
Today we are happy to introduce a number of changes to KnowThis.com. Yes, it has taken quite a bit of time to complete the updates, but we believe the changes will be welcomed by our site visitors. Here is a list of the major changes:
- New Website Layout - The website has been redesigned with a new logo, new menus, and an entirely new front page. The layout should work well no matter on what type of device it is viewed.
- New Marketing Insights Section - We have created three new content areas that we call Marketing Insights. These areas are directed to our three main visitor groups - Marketing Professionals, Marketing Educators and Marketing Students. The vast majority of content that we previously posted to our Marketing Blog section will now appear in Marketing Insights. We have also redirected many of our past blog postings to these sections. While the Marketing Blog section remains, it will primarily be for KnowThis.com news and information.
- New Downloadable Marketing Mini-Cases - Within our Marketing Educators area we are rolling out a new Marketing Mini-Cases feature (coming soon). These cases, which will cover a wide-range of marketing topics, can be easily downloaded by students at very reasonable cost (most for less than US $2.00). For eligible educators interested in a case we offer a free review copy and case support material.
- More Enhancements to Come - These are just a few of the changes we have made. We have several more planned over the next few months.
We Are Still Here!
As some have noticed, we have not posted in nearly two months but that is because we are working on a vastly improved website. Starting in July, we will be introducing a number of new features and also a new site design, including a new logo. The changes are intended to address even more marketing issues and appeal to a wide-range of marketing interests.
So watch for our updated site in a few weeks.
Latest Marketing Stories
- YouTube Advertiser Exodus Highlights Perils of Online Ads (advertising platform draws concerns from advertisers) New York Times
- What's the Ideal Frequency for a Sales Quota? (determining the best compensation plan for salespeople) Harvard B-School Working Knowledge
- Titleist Maker Teed Off Over Costco's Cheap Golf Balls (leading retailer's under-priced store brand draws complaints from well-known top brand) USA Today
- Supermarkets Are Losing the Grocery Price War (example of competitions' effect on pricing decisions) USA Today
- That Review You Wrote on Amazon? Priceless (the impact of customer product reviews may have on sales) USA Today
KnowThis: Marketing Basics Book
$30 for Print (420 pages)
$9.99 for eBook
KnowThis: Marketing Basics, 2nd Edition offers in-depth coverage of marketing and is ideal for the marketing novice, the marketing educator, the marketing professional and anyone else who needs to know about marketing.This book includes more than 60% new material not found on KnowThis.com.
For more information including taking a look inside, Click Here.