About the Book
In 1998, KnowThis.com was launched as one of the first Internet websites to address the specific needs of those involved in marketing and related fields. In short order, KnowThis.com became a leading authority website as evidenced by high rankings on search engine queries, the large number of links on university websites, and strong website traffic. A key part of KnowThis.com is the Principles of Marketing Tutorials series, which offers a detailed look at marketing concepts. This series brought a great deal of positive comments and many requests for a printed version. This led to the first edition of KnowThis: Marketing Basics, which was well received by both the academic and business communities. The success and satisfaction received from publishing the first edition has led to this update.
Overall, we feel the 2nd Edition continues our practice of offering comprehensive coverage of marketing concepts. In fact, this new edition expands on the coverage offered in the first edition. Compared to the first edition, KnowThis: Marketing Basics, 2nd Edition presents a number of enhancements including:
- This edition contains nearly 20% new material.
- This edition includes over 150 newly presented real-world marketing examples connecting marketing concepts with issues facing organizations around the world.
- This edition presents new Marketing Story boxes that take an in-depth look at over 40 selected marketing stories found in major media publications.
- This edition features significantly expanded coverage of global marketing and emerging technologies.
- This edition offers an enhanced design including a larger book size and improved graphics.
As with the first edition, the second edition IS NOT SIMPLY A REPRODUCTION OF CONTENT FOUND ON THE WEBSITE. This book offers significantly broader coverage of marketing issues.