This U.S. Federal government site offers several resources for companies interested in exporting including offering insights, rules, FAQs and other information to help companies interested in international trade.
- A portal of that links resources from thirty universities located throughout the U.S. The site's mission is to “increase and promote the nation's capacity for international understanding and competitiveness.” Offers links and articles for global business. However, not all locations have web access and some have not been recently updated.
While this site is basically a directory of directories for finding mostly company financial information its real strength is in its international reach. Does require registration (free) to access.
- Searchable directory of over 500,000 European businesses.
- Informative site with information and links to country and regional statistics, international product classifications, professional associations and more.
- Interesting site that provides insight on cultural issues to consider when doing business in other countries. Coverage includes discussion of how to make deals, business dress, public behavior and many more tips.
- This U.S. Government trade portal contains a list of links to country information including market studies, extensive product and industry reports, trade agreement information and many other resources.
Well stocked source of information for international business that includes a Reference Desks section offering country data, market potential indicators, glossary and much more. Produced by the Center for International Business Education and Research at Michigan State University.
- Long a provider of international trade news in print format, the JOC is now available online with extensive resources including sections dedicated to international trade leads, logistics, maritime issues, insurance and links to manufacturers, service firms, trade associations and government agencies dealing with international trade. Some sections of the site are limited to subscribers.
Nice list of links to websites containing mostly international business links. Of particular interest are country reports.
Extensive listing of links covering many issues related to international business.
- Detailed site focusing on foreign exchange that offers multiple tools including currency conversion, articles and many other items.
- Collection of links to statistical information from around the world. Can be searched by country, region and topic or industry.
- Subscription service which provides statistics on global cargo movement.
From the folks at Thomas Register, this is site searchable listing of thousands of suppliers in 11,000 product categories.
Canadian site that allows users to build country specific market reports and graphs showing imports and exports for Canada and the U.S. that can be examined by product category.
- Contains links to a number of International government agencies that provide country statistics.
- Matchmaking service run by U.S. Commerce Department is designed to bring U.S. suppliers together with international buyers. Offers email notification of sales leads, access to international buyers contact information and posting of company profile. Requires registration fee.
- Central portal with many excellent resources including a basic guide to exporting, country marketing studies, trade statistics and much more.
- From the U.S. Government International Trade Administration, this site provides assistance to a number of manufacturing and service industries with links to US government centers and divisions that handle these industries. The industry centers vary in content but many are fully stocked with good market research and trade information.