- This site is primarily a forum for those interested in affiliate marketing where registered users (free) share advice and also affiliate opportunities.
This site, which provides website rankings and traffic information, is often referred to as a leading provider of website metrics. However, their methods for tracking visitors are probably not as robust, and thus not as accurate, as higher quality commercial services especially for those sites listed outside the top 500 or so. Accessing top 500 sites by country is free as is listing of top sites by category.
Offer services as an Internet third-party auditor to insure accuracy of online activity. Site provides background information on audits, including examples of audit reports.
Listing of hundreds of affiliate programs broken down into over 75 categories.
Magazine site focusing mostly on issues related to Internet promotional decisions.
- Online information site that has several sections offering frequently updated collections of articles for getting the most out of online marketing.
- Provider of Internet traffic measurements though it only offers a few free reports.
U.S. Census Bureau reports on the state of e-Business within U.S. companies. Includes quarterly retail e-commerce retail sales report, though the reports are generally released long afer the actual period they cover.
- Free service from Google allowing website operators to easily measure site traffic by entering simple coding on each page of a site. Data is accessed via web interface and the number and scope of reports are impressive.
The Internet Society offers a site that provides numerous links to articles and sites that give their account of how the Internet has evolved.
Nice description of the progress of the Internet, presented in the form of a timeline beginning in the 1950s and extending to present day.
- This site is part of the how-to site HowStuffWorks.com and features discussions related to operating and managing affiliate programs.
- The site of the organization that controls domain name registrations process though does not actually do registration nor does it contain a search function for domain name. But it could still offer good information for anyone involved in Internet marketing.
- Monitors Internet traffic flow around the world and presents results in graphical and numeric form.
- A well-regarded site that offers FREE access to extensively researched studies on the effectiveness of various Internet marketing and advertising techniques. They also offer a useful monthly newsletter that summarizes results of these studies.
This trade group site includes information that helps define techniques and measurement methods for online advertising.
- Among this site's features is a marketing-oriented newsletter, search terms information and other SE marketing strategies.
- Blog-style site that offers a wide-range of articles and postings from leading search engine marketing experts.
Good to-the-point definitions for search engine marketing terms.
- An informative and highly detailed site on the workings of SEs. Good stuff on the free part of the site but better material can be found in the subscriber area.