Types of Public Relations Tools
As we noted in the Public Relations tutorial, the challenges faced in doing PR will lead many marketers to hire professionals to handle these activities.
Whether marketers do their own PR or seek outside help, it is important they be familiar with the tools available for public relations. The types of key tools available to carryout the public relations function include:
- Media Relations
- Media Tours
- Special Events
- Speaking Engagements
- Employee Relations
- Community Relations and Philanthropy
Each of these PR tools is discussed in detail below.
Image by jaguarcarsmena
Latest Marketing Stories
- Supreme Court Seems Inclined to Bolster Truth-in-Labeling Laws (questions what is misleading in product labeling) Los Angeles Times
- Small Businesses Search in Vain for Web-Ad Help (how sales tactics are draining funds) Wall Street Journal
- How Breakfast Became the Most Important Meal of the Day (the battle for breakfast money) Time
- The New Reality of R&D (how companies are acquiring products) Fast Company
- No Laptops, No Wi-Fi: How One Cafe Fired Up Sales (decision opens up space for more to buy) NPR
- Whole Foods Takes Over America (how leading retailer works) CNN Money
- Wal-Mart Plans to Bring Its Compete-on-Price Approach to Organic Food. Here’s How (insight on pricing strategy) Washington Post
Latest Blog Posts
- The U.S. Supreme Court Tackles a Key Product Labeling Issue
- When Doing Well in Search Engine Advertising is Too Good to Be True
- Some Companies Find Product Development is Better Left to Others
- If a Small Café Says Goodbye to Free WiFi Will It Say Hello to Increased Sales?
- When Social Media Fuels a Controversial Issue How Do Marketers Respond?