Types of Public Relations Tools
As we noted in the Public Relations tutorial, the challenges faced in doing PR will lead many marketers to hire professionals to handle these activities.
Whether marketers do their own PR or seek outside help, it is important they be familiar with the tools available for public relations. The types of key tools available to carryout the public relations function include:
- Media Relations
- Media Tours
- Special Events
- Speaking Engagements
- Employee Relations
- Community Relations and Philanthropy
Each of these PR tools is discussed in detail below.
Image by jaguarcarsmena
Latest Marketing Stories
- Costco Is Facing a Looming, Bulk-Sized Problem (concerns of a changing market) Time
- Disney Bets $1 Billion on Technology to Track Theme-Park Visitors (high-tech and customer tracking) BusinessWeek
- Who Has The Biggest Marketing Budgets? (survey of marketing spending) Forbes
- Retailers Are Using Mobile Apps to Drive Up Sales (building store traffic with apps) Los Angeles Times
- Worst Product Flops of All Time (10 big product failures) 24/7 Wall St.
- The Price Of A Pizza In 237 U.S. Neighborhoods (stats on how pizza prices vary within cities) NPR
- Hey, We Want More $$$ Too! More Theme Parks Jack Up Ticket Prices (competitors see market leader's price increase as reason to raise their price) Time