Speaking before industry conventions, trade association meetings, and other groups provides an opportunity for company experts to demonstrate their expertise to potential clients/customers. Generally these opportunities are not explicitly for company or product promotion; rather they are a chance to talk on a topic of interest to potential customers and serve to highlight the speaker’s expertise in a field. Often the only mention of the company or its products is in the speaker biography. Nevertheless, the right speaking engagement puts the company in front of a good target audience and offers networking opportunities for generating customer leads.
Cite: Speaking Engagements (2016). From Types of Public Relations Tools Tutorial. KnowThis.com. Retrieved August 28, 2016 from http://www.knowthis.com/types-of-public-relations-tools/speaking-engagements
Latest Marketing Stories
- Facebook is Getting Into the Biggest Trend in Ad Tech: Header Bidding (new approach used to complete again Google ads) Business Insider
- EpiPen Maker to Offer Discounts to Some Customers Following Controversy (pricing issues leads company to backtrack) Time
- Google is Going to Crush Your Annoying Mobile Popup Ads (sites are warned to stop popups) Fast Company
- Watch This Shopping Technology Track Your Every Move (using shopper heat mapping in retail stores) CNN Money
- The Difficult Task Of Moving Freight Forwarding Into The Internet Age (the distribution tasks of freight forwarders) NPR