Speaking before industry conventions, trade association meetings, and other groups provides an opportunity for company experts to demonstrate their expertise to potential clients/customers. Generally these opportunities are not explicitly for company or product promotion; rather they are a chance to talk on a topic of interest to potential customers and serve to highlight the speaker’s expertise in a field. Often the only mention of the company or its products is in the speaker biography. Nevertheless, the right speaking engagement puts the company in front of a good target audience and offers networking opportunities for generating customer leads.
Latest Blog Posts
- Many Think This Product is Pretty Much Dead, So Why Spend Millions to Revive It?
- Movie Theaters Respond to Technology Threats With New Marketing Ideas
- Now Its Official, Digital Signage is Huge
- Many Retailers Struggle to Find the Formula for Success in China
- In 10 Years Will People Ask: What is Black Friday?
Latest Marketing Stories
- Best Buy’s Black Friday Dress Rehearsal (behind the training for the big retail day) Washington Post
- Bud Crowded Out by Craft Beer Craze (tough time for famous beer brand) Wall Street Journal
- Hey, Brothers, Can You Spare a Cough Drop? (old brand tries for a comeback) New York Times
- 4 New Ways Movie Theaters Are Filling Seats and Upselling Patrons (new marketing ideas for movie theaters) Time
- Times Square’s Biggest and Most Expensive Digital Billboard Is Set to Shine (example of the growth in digital signage) New York Times
- Sold in China (what retailers need to know about doing business in China) Stores Magazine
- Walmart Pumps Up Black Friday and Thanksgiving Deals (retailers continue to redefine Black Friday) Time