Speaking before industry conventions, trade association meetings, and other groups provides an opportunity for company experts to demonstrate their expertise to potential clients/customers. Generally these opportunities are not explicitly for company or product promotion; rather they are a chance to talk on a topic of interest to potential customers and serve to highlight the speaker’s expertise in a field. Often the only mention of the company or its products is in the speaker biography. Nevertheless, the right speaking engagement puts the company in front of a good target audience and offers networking opportunities for generating customer leads.
Cite: Speaking Engagements (2016). From Types of Public Relations Tools Tutorial. KnowThis.com. Retrieved September 26, 2016 from http://www.knowthis.com/types-of-public-relations-tools/speaking-engagements
Latest Marketing Stories
- The Case of Skittles and How to React With Real-Time Marketing (how A brand quickly responded to controversy) ClickZ
- Decoding China's Mobile Ad Market (stats and information on the China's advertising marketing) Business Insider
- Runaway Success of Hamilton Shows the Power of Creating Buzz on Social Media (social media and marketing strategy) Washington Post
- The Collapse of a Major Shipping Firm is Causing a Trailer Shortage in California (problems with product distribution) Time
- Adblock Plus is Making a Surprising Leap Into Ad Tech (ad blocking company will now permit ads that make them money) Business Insider