Speaking before industry conventions, trade association meetings, and other groups provides an opportunity for company experts to demonstrate their expertise to potential clients/customers. Generally these opportunities are not explicitly for company or product promotion; rather they are a chance to talk on a topic of interest to potential customers and serve to highlight the speaker’s expertise in a field. Often the only mention of the company or its products is in the speaker biography. Nevertheless, the right speaking engagement puts the company in front of a good target audience and offers networking opportunities for generating customer leads.
Latest Marketing Stories
- Costco Is Facing a Looming, Bulk-Sized Problem (concerns of a changing market) Time
- Disney Bets $1 Billion on Technology to Track Theme-Park Visitors (high-tech and customer tracking) BusinessWeek
- Who Has The Biggest Marketing Budgets? (survey of marketing spending) Forbes
- Retailers Are Using Mobile Apps to Drive Up Sales (building store traffic with apps) Los Angeles Times
- Worst Product Flops of All Time (10 big product failures) 24/7 Wall St.
- The Price Of A Pizza In 237 U.S. Neighborhoods (stats on how pizza prices vary within cities) NPR
- Hey, We Want More $$$ Too! More Theme Parks Jack Up Ticket Prices (competitors see market leader's price increase as reason to raise their price) Time