Speaking before industry conventions, trade association meetings, and other groups provides an opportunity for company experts to demonstrate their expertise to potential clients/customers. Generally these opportunities are not explicitly for company or product promotion; rather they are a chance to talk on a topic of interest to potential customers and serve to highlight the speaker’s expertise in a field. Often the only mention of the company or its products is in the speaker biography. Nevertheless, the right speaking engagement puts the company in front of a good target audience and offers networking opportunities for generating customer leads.
Cite: Speaking Engagements (2016). From Types of Public Relations Tools Tutorial. KnowThis.com. Retrieved October 22, 2016 from http://www.knowthis.com/types-of-public-relations-tools/speaking-engagements
Latest Marketing Stories
- Retailers Turn to Apps to Lure Shoppers Back to Stores (making in-store shopping easier for customers) USA Today
- How Marketing Changes When Shopping Is Automated (affect of technology on the future of shopping) Harvard Business Review
- Ronald McDonald Lying Low Until Clown Scare Blows Over (example of how uncontrollable factors affect marketing decisions) Washington Post
- What Walmart Must Do to Fight Back at Amazon (store-based retailer battles king of online retail) Fortune
- Cuba Rising (the future of retailing in Cuba) Stores Magazine