Note: The marketer may be able to skip this section if plan is for a new product and no related products exist.
Provide detailed analysis of the company’s product(s). (Length: 1-2 pages).
Describe the company’s current product(s) offerings in terms of:
1. Product Attributes
- Describe the main product features, major benefits received by those using the product, current branding strategies, etc.
- Describe pricing used at all distribution levels, such as pricing to final users and to distributors, incentives offered, discounts, etc.
- Describe how the product is made accessible to final users, including channels used, major benefits received by distributors, how product is shipped, process for handling orders, etc. (Note: More discussion of distribution is addressed in Analysis: Current Distributor Network(s) below.)
- Describe promotional programs and strategies in terms of advertising, sales promotion, personal selling and public relations, how product is currently positioned in the market, etc.
5. Services Offered
- Describe support services provided to final users and distributors before, during and after the sale