In this chapter, we look at the importance of research in marketing. We explore what marketing research is and see why it is considered the foundation of marketing. Our examination includes a detailed look at the key methods marketers use to gather relevant information. Finally, we look at the trends shaping marketing research.
- The Foundation of Marketing
- Research in Marketing
- Secondary Research
- Primary Research
- Trends in Marketing Research
Links to Cited References:
- For more on the different methods of sampling see: "Survey Sampling Methods." Stat Trek. http://stattrek.com/survey-research/sampling-methods.aspx.
- For an extensive list of links to low-cost secondary research websites see: "Marketing Links." KnowThis.com. https://www.knowthis.com/more/marketing-weblinks-collection.
- "Google Scholar." Google. https://scholar.google.com.
- For an extensive list of links to high-cost secondary research websites see: "Marketing Links." KnowThis.com. https://www.knowthis.com/more/marketing-weblinks-collection.
- For more on customer engagement see: "Customer Engagement." Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_engagement.
- "Virtual Reality: Looking Toward the Future of Market Research." EyeFaster. http://eyefaster.com/virtual-reality-looking-toward-the-future-of-market-research.