- Advertising Research Foundation (advertising & promotion)
Association that provides resources aimed at helping to create more effective marketing and advertising communications.
- American Association of Advertising Agencies (advertising & promotion)
Trade organization representing the advertising agency business.
- American Association of Franchisees and Dealers (retailing)
Site contains information about owning a franchise, rights of franchise owners and other materials for those thinking of buying a franchise.
- American Marketing Association (general marketing)
Leading academic and trade association and publisher of Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research and other journals.
- Association of Marketing Service Providers (advertising & promotion)
Supports the interests of mailing service companies.
- Association of National Advertisers (advertising & promotion)
This appears to be a fairly exclusive group whose membership consists of mostly big name brand marketers who spend big money advertising on a national and international level. Is also home of the annual Reggie Awards for top promotions.
- Center for Exhibition Industry Research (sales & sales management)
The main benefit offered by this group is the wide range of fee-based research reports available to both members (cheaper) and non-members covering many industries.
- CMO Council (general marketing)
Aimed at the chief marketing officer, this association has a heavy Internet/technology leaning. The site does have market reports, white papers and a newsletter that may be accessible to non-members.
- Corporate Design Foundation (product issues)
An association that believes and teaches that organizational interests can be served through the effective use of design disciplines.
- Council of Public Relations Firms (advertising & promotion)
Trade organization mostly for PR firms (as opposed to freelancers). Site includes firm rankings, career resources and directory for locating members.
- Digital Analytics Association (digital marketing)
Newer group that looks to make sense out of data gathered through website traffic and other digital media reports.
- Direct Marketing Association (advertising & promotion)
Leading professional association for direct marketers.
- Exhibit & Event Marketers Association (sales & sales management)
Association whose objective is "to engage exhibit and event professionals". While members get access to special services, there are many free areas including case studies and articles, glossary of terms and more.
- Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (other areas)
Association of travel sales and marketing professionals in industries such as hotels, resorts, airlines, cruise lines, car rental agencies, theme parks and attractions.
- Information Technology Industry Council (other areas)
A society of US providers of information technology products and services.
- Insights Association (marketing research)
Trade group whose mission is to improve the ethics and practice of survey research.
- Interactive Advertising Bureau (digital marketing)
Not-for-profit trade association focusing on advertising issues across all interactive formats
- International Franchise Association (retailing)
Mission "is to enhance and to safeguard the business environment for franchisees and franchisors worldwide."
- International Newspaper Marketing Association (other areas)
An association for the advancement of newspaper marketing activities. Includes a nice research section that offers case studies and links to international newspapers and to newspaper associations.
- Marketing Research and Intelligence Association (marketing research)
Canadian-based group with comprehensive site directed toward marketing, advertising, social and political researchers.
- Mobile Marketing Association (digital marketing)
Focus of this group is on issues related to marketing on mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets.
- National Association of Sales Professionals (sales & sales management)
Relatively new group that is pushing for salesperson certification.
- National Retail Federation (retailing)
This site from the leading retail trade group is well stocked with information for those interested in traditional retailing and includes a supplier guide, listing of state, retail associations and other information.
- Path to Purchase Institute (advertising & promotion)
Focus is mostly on marketing promotions within retail stores. Offers free access to trade magazine and a few other publications.
- Point of Purchase Advertising International (retailing)
An international trade group that focuses on sales promotion and other marketing techniques within the retail environment.
- Product Development & Management Association (product issues)
Trade and academic group whose mission includes improving "the effectiveness of people engaged in developing and managing new products - both new manufactured goods and new services."
- Professional Association for Customer Engagement (other areas)
Trade group that is focused mostly on offering help to companies using contact centers (e.g., telemarketing) for marketing.
- Professional Pricing Society (other areas)
This is a society that provides tips on establishing a pricing strategy. Intended for "both pricing professionals and executives seeking solutions to their pricing challenges."
- Promotional Products Association International (advertising & promotion)
Industry group focusing on the use of products to aid promotional objectives.
- Public Relations Society of America (advertising & promotion)
Society for those engaged in PR activities.
- Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (digital marketing)
Professional group site that is dedicated to improving the understanding of search engine marketing.
- Society for Marketing Professional Services (other areas)
While the name sounds like it covers a lot of ground, this trade group appears to limit its coverage to those interested in marketing issues related to architects, engineers and contractors.
- Society of Competitive Intelligence Professionals (marketing research)
This association's site includes FAQs about CI, job opportunities, chapter listings and educational options.
- Society of Incentive and Travel Executives (sales & sales management)
Association for those in the incentive industry.
- The Chartered Institute of Marketing (general marketing)
UK-based marketing association with strong emphasis on training and professional accreditation.
- The Marketing Institute (general marketing)
A professional trade organization in Ireland.
- The Marketing Research Society (marketing research)
UK market research association that claims "largest professional body for individuals employed in market research."
- User Experience Professionals Association (product issues)
This professional association site has good information for those involved in online and offline product design including coverage of the usability concept, links to guidelines and methods, and conference information.
- Video Advertising Bureau (advertising & promotion)
Trade group site has information, research reports and other materials related to advertising on various video outlets.