- Business site for U.S. television news service.
This site for a leading consulting firm provides access to free reports and case studies covering almost all major industries. Can search by industry, subject, date and more.
- This free service that allows visitors to pose new questions to supposed experts in many different fields including some in specific industries. Can also search through the database for previously answered questions. This service tends to be more consumer-oriented (i.e., non-business questions) than other services.
- This site offers links to thousands of annual reports in both HTML and PDF formats though to access requires a registration (free).
- Interesting site that is building a large database of websites as these have appeared over time and thus may prove useful for historical research. By entering a web address in its Wayback Machine search area, this site may offer screenshots of how a website appeared in the past. In some cases as far back (far back in Internet time!) as 1996. Unfortunately some sites to not always appear.
- Provides an online searchable resource for members of the media or for event coordinators looking for topical experts, authors, and speakers. If you fall into the category of expert, author or speaker you can sign up to be listed.
Business site of U.K and international news service.
Primarily a reseller of technology-related syndicated research reports. However, while much deals with technology issues marketers will like the a modest amount of free (though users must register) industry provided case studies and white papers covering customer relationship management.
- Site of U.S. business news service.
- In the span of a few years millions of dollars where given to Internet businesses that in retrospect were really bad investments. This site offers a facinating retrospective of the dot-com boom era by providing information on over 2000 companies many of which did not survive. At its best the site provides extensive information on many of the failed dot-coms including presenting the company's business plan.
Site for U.S. television news service
While the organization running the site is primarily an association for those in the association business, they do offer a searchable Buyers' Guide or locating companies (presumably their member’s sites) that offer services in many marketing fields. Search filtering can be done by US state, country and keyword. While not nearly as in-depth as other sources it is FREE!
This site contains a variety of health related statistics.
This is a good all-around information site focusing on Internet, technology and business issues. Particularly useful is this Stats and Tools section which offers summary results of various key statistics.
- U.S. and international business news service
- Site for U.S. and international cable news service.
The Commerce site offers several good options for searching for business and economic data. Some of the available information includes:
- Bureau of Economic Analysis - Contains estimates that illuminate key national, international, and regional aspects of the US economy.
- E-Stats - This site is from the Commerce Department's U.S. Census Bureau and it offers technology and e-commerce studies and statistics. However, while most reports are extensive and offer good information, these tend to be time-lagged and examining information from older data. To see more current e-commerce data, especially quarterly retail e-commerce sales data, see the Census Bureau's Monthly & Annual Retail Trade site.
- National Technical Information Services - Offers a vast collection of purchasable US Government publications produced by numerous agencies. Many reports include good information on both US and international markets. Topics are wide ranging but the Advanced Search feature (click on Advanced Search tab) allows for category filtering.
This site claims a database of over 30,000 associations, however, users must pay a fairly steep fee to access.
This site contains listings of companies who maintain archival records on their company including contact names, materials available and other reference information.
Search ProQuest database of dissertations. Unfortunately, search options are limited to title, author and year of publication.