Listing of international, national and local (mostly US) PR and PR-related groups.
Operated by PR Newswire, this site is where many reporters go to locate industry experts. PR professionals can post information in the searchable database though there is a yearly fee to remain in the database. PR Newswire also has a separate Experts Database section available that could be useful in finding speakers.
Offers inks to economic data around the world.
- International listing of marketing research associations and organizations.
List of those associations and industry groups dealing with incentives and promotions.
- Offers directory of hundreds of search engines, directories and portals in numerous categories and industries.
Provides online access to conference proceedings, including full-text articles, from several different organizations that deal mainly with small business issues. Unfortunately, not all conferences are current.
Site is devoted mostly to academic research and contains smaller specialty areas including a Marketing Research Network. The site offers a searchable database of working papers (some downloadable) and email services containing abstracts of works in journals.
Offers a large, searchable database of mostly keynote speakers with several filtering options including searching by field of expertise, speaker fee and geographic area.
- This site from Vanderbilt University provides an extensive collection of TV news dating back to 1968. Focus is on evening news broadcasts and certain special reports. Database is searchable by story title, description, year and source. Once item is found a video tape loan copy can be ordered for a fee. Registration (free) is required.
- UK site that offers a searchable directory for locating trade associations.
- Offers one-stop location for subscribing to hundreds of industry trade magazines. Includes publications specific to marketing, sales, retailing, distribution as well as many other industry specific publications.
- Interesting site that offers a monthly newsletter examining a consumer trend that appears to be occurring somewhere in the world. Also provides access to all previously reported trends.
Leading news wire service.
This site is the principal fact-finding agency for the U.S. Federal Government in the broad field of labor economics and statistics. Statistics found here include employment and unemployment rates, and consumer price index, wholesaler price index and producer price index, consumer expenditure, labor productivity and much more. Also contains a good links page for finding other statistical information from the U.S. Government and International Governments. Part of the U.S. Department of Labor.
Preeminent source of U.S. demographic and economic statistics that contains several great resources including:
- American Factfinder - provides excellent access to general population census information including a nice "search your street" feature which will display information and maps down to the census block level.
- Current Industry Reports - offers monthly, quarterly and yearly production and product shipment reports on a number of manufacturing industries such as consumer electronics, major household appliances, textiles and several more. However, be aware that not all industries are represented and some information is only available on a yearly basis.
- Economic Census - released every five years, the information found in these reports provides an excellent glimpse at industrial activity including the Industry Series report that offers separate reports for many industries and shows the number of businesses within an industry, sales volume, number of employees, and more.
- Data Access Tools - a page that provides links to statistical tools and software downloads that can be used to further analyze census information.
- International Statistical Agencies - links to country provided population information.
- Statistical Abstracts - offers access to in-depth social and economic statistics that are updated each year. Even better this site provides access to versions of the Abstract going back to 1881.
- U.S. Government's front-end portal that includes links to government branches, agencies, laws, forms and much, much more.
- The creation of new words are often the sign of a trend and this site provides a regular updated list of new words including examples of usage. Site includes a subject index to quickly locate terms.
- The largest of all Internet answer sites, the service allows users to post questions and then anyone can respond. Of course, the openness of this format is both the pros and cons of the service so not everyone should be considered an expert. Offers good search feature for looking up previously answered questions.