- Search engine that has a long history but has always lagged behind others.
- While this commercial site is involved with promoting their services, they do offer a valuable section explaining their research methods which includes a nice description of many basic market research techniques.
- Microsoft's entry into the search business has a number of interesting options that are helping it compete against the others.
- This site allows for the searching of video and some audio clips, such as programming from major news, sports and entertainment providers.
Software provider Sawtooth provides a number of technical papers (from basic to highly advanced) that primarily discuss conjoint analysis. Additionally, there is limited coverage of other research methods such as perceptual mapping. Marketing research teachers may also find teaching materials here including slides and exercises covering conjoint analysis.
- This site by Wharton professor Scott Armstrong has several resources including an extensive summary article on forecasting, information on how to select a forecasting method and other tools.
- Who doesn't know these guys!
This marketing research company has put together several resources of interest to researchers including a number of technical white papers on various research topics including basic and advanced research techniques and for those doing more scientific research, very nice tools for calculating Statistical Power and Sample Size Estimates.
The US Federal Reserve Bank of Boston provides research information related to methods consumers use to make payments. This information could prove useful for market researchers looking for retail consumer data.
Search portal containing a large number of links to US and worldwide databases for locating public records such as license information, business registration, census data and much more. Most databases are free and associated with government sites while other links to commercial sites. However, they seem to intentionally slow down the free access in order to push their pay service.
- One of the original Internet search engines though has lost ground to others it still produces good results including nice video search feature.
- The market leader in consumer-generated and uploaded video also offeres a surprising number of videos that are useful to marketers. The most obvious are uploaded television and web video advertisements, but there are many others that can be found with a simple search.