Marketing Stories Archive
In 2004 KnowThis.com began building a database of Marketing Stories drawn from magazines, newspapers, news sites, blogs and other Internet websites. To date over 4,500 stories have been compiled with more added each week. Stories cover a wide-range of marketing topics and are categorized by topics found within our Principles of Marketing Tutorials.
Stories found within the Marketing Stories Archive contain links to the original story and in many cases (but not all) are still freely accessible. For stories that are no longer accessible we offer advice for accessing these on this page.
To find a story we offer two methods:
- Click on one of the Marketing Stories topics listed below.
- Visit the Search the Marketing Stories Archive page to search our archives.
Latest Marketing Stories
- Shoplifting and Other Fraud Cost Retailers Nearly $50 Billion Last Year (big problems faced by retailers) Time
- 9 Million Chinese Teenagers Took an Exam This Week; Brands Had a Lot to Say (country's college entrance test draws interest from major companies) Advertising Age
- Is Hosting the Olympics Good or Bad for a Nation’s Brand? (example of branding issues for a country) Knowledge @ Wharton
- One of the Most Famous Mayo Brands in America is Called Something Different Depending on Where You Are in the Country (how brand naming can be affected by geographic location) Business Insider
- Can Retailers Escape the Scourge of Free Shipping? (what free shipping may ultimately mean to retailers) Knowledge @ Wharton