|Trade Allowances (also Off-Invoice Promotion)|| |
A form of trade sales promotion offering channel partners short-term price breaks or other guarantees (e.g., buy back unsold product) for stocking product and, in many cases, for agreeing to promote the product such as placing product in a specific store location (i.e., display allowance) or highlighting the product in company-produced promotions (i.e., advertising allowance).
Latest Marketing Stories
- Shoppers Need a Reason to Go to Your Store — Other Than Buying Stuff (why retailers need to add non-product benefits) Harvard Business Review
- Retail’s Newest Bad Word: Walmart Drops ‘Stores’ From Its Formal Name (name change reflects growth of online ordering) Washington Post
- 5 Trends for 2018 (marketing and business issues worth watching) Trendwatching
- Making It Personal for Every Customer (insights into customer personalization) CRM Magazine
- The Future Of Retail In The Age Of Amazon (competing against a retail giant) Fast Company