KnowThis.com offers a detailed list of marketing terms.
|New Business Development|| |
A sub-category of the order getter sales classification in which salespeople locate and sell to new customers then once a sale is made pass this customers on to others in their organization who handle account maintenance.
|New Task Purchase|| |
A type of business purchase decision faced by buyers considering an important purchase but one the buyer has never or rarely made before and, consequently, will devote considerable time evaluating alternatives.
|Niche Marketing (also Concentrated Marketing)|| |
A target marketing strategy that uses a single marketing strategy to appeal to one or more small sub-segments within a larger market segment.
|Non-Store Retailers|| |
Retailers selling to customers through means other than a physical outlet including online, direct marketing and vending.
Latest Marketing Stories
- Shoppers Need a Reason to Go to Your Store — Other Than Buying Stuff (why retailers need to add non-product benefits) Harvard Business Review
- Retail’s Newest Bad Word: Walmart Drops ‘Stores’ From Its Formal Name (name change reflects growth of online ordering) Washington Post
- 5 Trends for 2018 (marketing and business issues worth watching) Trendwatching
- Making It Personal for Every Customer (insights into customer personalization) CRM Magazine
- The Future Of Retail In The Age Of Amazon (competing against a retail giant) Fast Company